Directions and Parking
From the South
Take Highway 880 and get over to the two left lanes when approaching downtown Oakland. Follow signs to 880/80 San Francisco-Berkeley. Keep following signs to East 80/West 580, toward San Rafael-Sacramento. Once you are on 80, take the University Avenue exit.
From the North
Take Interstate 80 and exit at University Avenue.
From University Avenue
Head east on University Avenue (towards the hills) until is ends at the western edge of the U.C. Berkeley campus. Turn right on Oxford. Drive 4 blocks until you come to Durant Avenue. Turn left onto Durant and drive 5-1/2 blocks, crossing over Telegraph Avenue. The Wright Institute is located at 2728 Durant Avenue, between College and Piedmont, just south of Boalt Hall Law School and west of U.C. Berkeley's International House.
The Wright Institute has no on-site parking. Street parking is limited to 2 hours and is in very limited supply. Please plan your arrival time accordingly.
Area pay parking lots include:
- A lot on Durant between Telegraph and Bowditch (near Top Dog)
- A garage on Bowditch between Durant and Bancroft
- A small lot on Bancroft between College and Bowditch
- An underground garage at 2558 Bancroft, just past Copy Central
- Sather Gate Garage: a large multi-story municipal parking garage just west of Telegraph, with entrances onboth Durant and Channing
- A lot on Durant across the street from Sather Gate Garage, next to Yogurt Park
- A lot on Channing between Dana and Telegraph
- By Bus: The AC Transit #51B and #49 buses stop near the corner of College and Durant. For AC Transit information, check the web site at: www.actransit.org.
- By BART: The BART stations that are closest to the Wright Institute are the Berkeley station (downtown Berkeley) on the Richmond/Fremont line and the Rockridge station on the Pittsburg/Bay Point line. From either station, take the #51 Bus to the school. From the downtown Berkeley station, you can also catch the UC Berkeley shuttle - the P or R line, and get off at the International House. For BART information, check the web site at: www.bart.gov. For information on the UC Berkeley Shuttle, check the web site at: pt.berkeley.edu/around/transit/routes.
For trip planning information, check: 511.org
The Wright Institute is approximately 30 minutes from the Oakland airport and 60 minutes from San Francisco Airport.
From the Oakland Airport
- Take the AirBart Shuttle from the airport to the Oakland Coliseum BART station.
- Board a Richmond bound BART train and get off at the Berkeley Station.
- Exit the Berkeley station at Center Street. Follow BART directions above.
From the San Francisco Airport
- Take the Richmond-Fremont BART train toward Richmond and exit at the Downtown Berkeley station. Follow BART directions above.